How do I know if my child has a failure to launch syndrome?
There are some telltale signs of failure to launch syndrome these include:
- Still living at home (or parents paying rent, bills)
- Difficulty finding employment (or keeping it)
- Difficulty completing and finishing tasks
- Lack of Motivation
- Drug and alcohol use
- Excessive gaming
- Addiction to social media/selfies that impacts daily life
- Inability to cook meals and complete laundry/cleaning tasks
- Meltdowns if stressed
- Withdrawing from family or zoning out at family events
- Diagnosis with anxiety, depression or ADHD
These are a few of the signs that can be synonymous with failure to launch. This is not an exhaustive list and not all symptoms on the list mean the client is experiencing failure to launch syndrome. We suggest you book an evaluation with our clinical team to discover if you need assistance with our failure to launch program.